Thursday, November 26, 2009

Can I Change the Past?

It is a beautiful Thanksgiving morning. I am sitting on the porch of a condo in St. Augustine watching the waves roll in and reading a book that reminds me that I can't change the past. Believe me when I say there are some parts of the past I would change if I could. Some of the closets that I mindlessly frequent have skeletons that pop up and scare me to shame.

As I ponder the possibility of an altered past, it occurs to me that there are other scenes from days gone by that I play over and over again that I would not alter. There are good days, God-centered days that remind me of the possibilities of life with God. Those are the regret free days for which I am offering thanks today.

In the midst of these musings a thought occurs to me: you can change the past if you live for God in the present because TODAY IS TOMORROW'S YESTERDAY.

Happy thanks living!

No comments:

Post a Comment